Transforming Sales Productivity with Social Collaboration
Read/Download White Paper (PDF)
IT Business Value: We use three key metrics to measure data center transformation success: meet growing customer demand (service-level agreements and quality of service) within constrained spending targets (cost-competitiveness) while optimally increasing the utilization of infrastructure assets (operational efficiency).
Building on previous investments and techniques, our refined data center strategy has created new business value in excess of USD 184 million from 2010 to date. Our key achievements include the following:
- We developed a system software capability called NUMA-Booster, which has delivered USD 55 million in additional server capacity.
- We deployed more than 13,000 Intel Solid-State Drives as “fast swap” drives, which generated a 27 percent increase in server capacity.
- Four generations of high-performance computing in our Design computing environment created a 30x capacity increase and a 20x quality improvement.
- We adopted new storage capabilities, accelerated storage refresh, and focused on increasing utilization, generating USD 33 million in cost avoidance.
- We deployed more than 18,000 10 gigabitper-second network ports, generating more than USD 20 million in cost avoidance.
- An integrated server and network infrastructure provided a 39-percent reduction in hardware across the enterprise.
Over the 2013–2015 time frame, we plan to extend the data center strategy to continue to transform our data center infrastructure. We will do so by using disruptive server, storage, network, and facility technologies that can lead to unprecedented quality-of-service levels and total cost of ownership reduction for business applications—all while continuing to improve IT operational efficiency.
For more information on Intel IT Best Practices, please visit intel.com/IT